August 9, 2010

Saying a-yo, gotta let go.

So one time when it was this weekend we went to a Braves game. This is one of my favorite life hobbies.

Jittery. Nerves. What-in-the-world-did-I-get-myself-into. Excited. My foot is jiggling on it's own accord. Shoulda stopped at the second cup of coffee. I wish you could be in this kitchen right now--we're hysterical. The little house on Ponce is emptying itself of a group of 7 women: I leave for UGA in precisely 30 minutes. My first real job. I don't get nervous, I don't let 'em see me sweat. What is this...?

I can't even concentrate.
I can't even write.

My eyes can't sit still. God was probably laughing as I stumbled through Habakkuk this morning, willing my mind to stay put on one subject for longer than .2 seconds. This is the only thing that stuck:

The Sovereign Lord is my strength.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
Habakkuk 3:19

Welp, I'm gonna go stand on the heights now. And meet a gazillion people I don't know and smile and be "on" 24/7. I'll be back, Atlanta. You rule.

Here goes nothin'. Go dawgs.

Post title: Dynamite by Taio Cruz. Current anthem.

6 comments:

  1. Ah! Good luck--I know you'll be great! And, not that you need another city to fall head-over-heels in love with, but Athens is pretty much where it's at. I have a feeling you'll swoon. Just sayin'...

    Have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Say hello to my hometown for me...you will love it! The house is beautiful too!! You will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do great! Good luck!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashlyn! Girl... I LOVE reading your posts! Miss my dancing buddy :) And I know you will be PERFECT for this job!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...