October 23, 2010

There's a place I'd like to go where I can hear the cotton grow.

My sis took this the other day. It's our farm. Which is basically perfect. I've come a long way from age 4, standing on the pond banks, bopping bucketed brim on the head with a stick when they came up for air. I always will be a confused vegetarian...

I love my job. I do, I promise-cross-my-heart. Every day something happens and I look up at God and grin because life's so cool. And adventures are my favorite: plop me down in the middle of uncharted waters/random cities/towns where I know NO one and I get a natural high off of figuring things out.

But sometimes I wanna get flour all over me and between the granite tiles in the kitchen. Pull something outta the oven. Stir sugar in a pot of steeping hot tea over the stove. Split a Diet Coke with Mama while we dance-party around the kitchen. Make a sandwich and prance out barefoot to the backyard for herbs to dress it up. Iron with ESPN football on in the background (I don't think I've ironed anything since like, July.). Paint and/or sketch. Sack out on the upstairs couch for 2.5 hours. Sit in a deerstand with Daddy and whisper about life. Run in my sister's room and pounce on her bed and run my mouth. PLAY. WITH. MY. BIRD. DOGS.

Here's what I want to do: Be domestic for one day.

Photo courtesy of Garden & Gun. I think I'm just ready to get a dog. Six months, six months, six months...

(This notion launched by this Garden & Gun album. Look at it. It's all huntin' dogs . i.e. the kind of dog I have and will always own for the rest of my life. Nope, see ya Yorkies/Bichons/etc. Gimme a dog that likes to go chase down dead animals and I'm sold. Thanksgiving break--hurry hurry!)

p.s. I also just picked out a new dog name for my future love: Gauge. Loves it.

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! Love the dressed doggie in the tree. Trying not to picture the poor brim in the bucket, haha.
    Glad you are enjoying your job. God is good!
    Have a nice weekend.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog - you are my kinda girl! I ironed tonight watching the LSU/Auburn game. And then of course I had to put the iron away so I could stomp my feet and pout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. I feel ya on the dogs. I'd like mine to have big floppy ears, and hear the mail man coming from a mile away. But for that perfection to be complete I would need a porch. And sometime during the establishment of the American West, someone decided that Arizonians wouldn't need porches. Boo.
    My name choices, Johnny and June - ya with me?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...