July 4, 2011

Let's get outta this town tonight.


Welp, in case you didn't notice it's the Fourth of July
(the most exhilarating holiday next to Christmas).
And where in the South am I tonight?
Oh, just road-trippin' past fireworks and crossing a stateline to my new city and new job.
Not gonna lie--I love MGM, but I'm kinda stoked to bust this little Old South town for a while.
 To call a new place "home."
Atlanta-bound, I am I am.
Since I start at 9 a.m. and all.

Ugh.

But it's ok. The Lord whispers "How COOL is this blessing, child? You're celebrating Me on a quiet night ride--just us--for not only this nation in which I blessed you but also a new job I've given you?"
And I smile back and say, "Baha. I guess that's pretty legit, Jesus."
This is a Fourth for the books. Er, uh, for my journal, at least.

Oh, and I have one more thing to say about starting my job in the morning:



Duhhhhhhhhh.
To quote Chris Brown, leggo.

Blog post title: "Get Out of This Town" by Carrie Underwood.

5 comments:

  1. How exciting for you!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Good luck tomorrow and in the new chapter of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! your definitely writing the next chapter for yourself-but God is certainly editing it along the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your first day! You and God have got this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best Wishes, Ashlyn! You will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fantastic first day. Not going to wish you luck, you don't need it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...