November 26, 2009

A Glad Heart


I came home two days ago worn to the bone. The stress of school (I'm a nerd, i.e. I push myself to the limit), sorority president, and just holding up emotionally has been a little taxing. But God has just taken me under his wing and pointed out all the many blessings I have been given. Once again, I'm floored.

Father, your grace amazes me. We are undeserving of your gifts. We are not entitled. Yet you love us more than infinity. Mrs. Arnold reminds me of this.

And me?

I'm thankful I have a family. A big, fun Southern family. They're loud and yell "War Eagle" a lot, but I wouldn't have it any other way...

I'm thankful my cousin (and those like her) are safe in Afghanistan.

I'm thankful for true friends, and even the journey to find out who they are.

I'm thankful I can think and write, and sometimes still dance.

I'm thankful that this life isn't all there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...