December 15, 2009

Happy 70th, Gone with the Wind!

This is one of my favorite parts. Work it, baby.

Gone With the Wind was released 70 years ago today! And let's be honest: She's flighty, difficult, and conniving--but somehow as little Southern girls, we grew up wanting a bit of Scarlett O'Hara in us. It's something about those green eyes, charm, wit, and sheer strength.

A recent conversation with my bestie Sloan:
Me: I mean, Slo, I feel kinda bad saying this, but I kinda want to be Scarlett O'Hara. That's so bad. She's horrible half the time. She flings herself at men.
Sloan: Ash baby, who do you think has been one of my role models since I was in grade school? Who revived Tara all by herself? It's okay, Ash. Me too. I love her.

Ah, so this is why we have BFFs. With my feelings justified and brains fresh from finals week, I decided I could ace this little test. How well can you do on this Real or Fake Scarlett O'Hara Quote quiz?

Report back with your score!

5 comments:

  1. I've got to say even as Northern girl I grew up wanting to be Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this movie is the ultimate classic. i was just thinking about it recently - haven't seen it in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it bad I still haven't seen this? I did a paper on it, too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I am the only 26-year-old yet to see this movie! I have to watch it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog via Southern Gent. I am truly loving your blog, it is delightful. My daughter, a HS senior, also loves GWTW. The above pictured scene is her absolute favorite of the movie and she will recite the scene on a moment's notice. She actually can recite almost all of the movie. I will definitely be following your blog now and will also pass it on to her to follow. Thank you for such a pleasant read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...