January 15, 2010

Happy 101

Thanks, Elizabeth and Grace in Her Step for tagging me! So I think I now list 10 things that make me happy...

Award Rules:
1. List 10 things that make you happy.
2. Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day.
3. If you are one of the 10 bloggers awarded, link back to this blog, and pass it along.

1 :: Moments every day when the Lord reminds me that when the world is falling out from underneath me, I'll be found in Him still standing.

2 :: The Pebbles {My 5 besties. How'd we get the name? The Wise Camilla said, "God is my rock, but y'all are my pepples. Aww, shucks.}

3 :: Alpha Delta Pi {Yeahyeahyeah, I know, sappy. But to me, this sorority is more than chanting Pi, Pi, ADPi during rush--they are the net to catch me here at Samford. "We live for each other and for Alpha Delta Pi."}

4 :: Toes in sand, Lilly bathing suit on, waves crashing, and skin warm. Then Bud & Alley's or The Red Bar. Done and done.

5 :: Live music. Correction: DANCING to live music. From Charleston bars to Destin digs, just give me a beat and I'm bouncin'.

6 :: Sundresses + cowgirl boots. Or Jack Rogers.

7 :: Tailgating on the rolling plains of Auburn.

8 :: These ballets - Giselle, Romeo & Juliet, Swan Lake, Serenade, Western Symphony. {True, I haven't been a company member since '06. But I proudly retain my slightly snobbish "ballet is the basis of all dance" mentaility proudly. Go ahead, try me. I'll even wiggle my scarred 10 toes to prove it.}

9 :: Sweet little Montgomery, Alabama. It's family.

10 :: New York City {First trip: an entire summer studying ballet at Joffrey at age 14. Last trip: showing God's love to the roughest parts of Brooklyn and Spanish Harlem. From the glitz to the grime, I ADORE this city and the people that inhabit it.}

Tags
Buckhead Belle
The Modern Traditionalist
Starfish and Sundresses
All That Inspires
A Day in the Life, My World, & The People in It
Something Beautiful
Let the Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore
A Trip Down South
Southern Gent
Living the Dream

Note to those tagged: The blog gods will probably throw lighting at me, but I have seen some writers not include the award picture when reposting this. I dunno. It may mess with your aesthetic. Plus, I tagged some guys and that gingham is super June Cleaver.

8 comments:

  1. I am with you on the 30-A love- our Beach Barn in Watercolor is my happy place. I scorned the Caribbean in favor of there for my May honeymoon last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh New York, isn't it just perfect? I always feel like nothing wrong could happen when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tag! I'm expeditiously working on my reply but I must say that ballet IS the basis of all dance. Period. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tag, Ash! I'm working on doing my list soon!

    There's nothing like chanting in rush, but teaching a group of woman those chants... now that's something special!

    "Boom, Boom"

    ReplyDelete
  5. EAS-Thanks for the tag! I just saw it...I was busy w/ all the giveaway comments I have been reading!

    I agree w/ you nothing beats live music even a cheesy band in a seedy bar!

    Have a wonderful day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article is interesting and useful. Thank you for sharing. And let me share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)

    Pengobatan Miom tanpa Operasi
    Obat Penghancur Benjolan di Leher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...