January 5, 2010

Something Radical

Photo courtesy of Becca Beers.

"If i find in myself desires nothing in this world can satisfy,
I can only conclude that I was not made for here."
-C. S. Lewis

As of 2:10 p.m. yesterday, I'm back in the 'Ham. Quite obvious by the absence of flat plains, which morphed into hazy rolling mountains on the drive up. My church here, Church at Brookhills, started on 01/01/2010 an experiment: a commitment to unite as a faith family and pray for the lost, the poor, the global church, to sacrifice of our money and time, and to read through God's word. The Radical Experiment, it's aptly dubbed.

It's got my mind reeling...
What will it take? What can I spare?
And what if what I am able to give more than I can simply spare...

The Radical Experiment is wide open--I urge you to look into joining me. Keep me accountable. I realize I've never really posted anything about my faith before. I originally wanted this blog to further my journalistic career, ha--and aren't you supposed to refrain from super personal info while job searching? But the thing is, my God is my everything. I'm commanded to become invisible for the sake of His magnificent glory.

For we are not made for here. Our time is but a breath, we'd better breathe it. And I, I was made to live, I was made to love. I was made to know You.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your faith and The Radical Experiment. Our country and world really need prayer. It will take each one doing our part. God bless you!Jennifer aka Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. As someone who has only ever gone to mass and not connected beyond that, you allowed me to think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love c.s. lewis quotes! good luck with your challenge! i'm currently challenging myself to be in the mindset that's focused on God.. things like this encourage me to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with your challenge! I love the layout of your site too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A worthwhile challenge. Should you ever feel as though you are wavering, just read more CS Lewis. He never ceases to inspire Christians and non-Christians alike.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...