February 14, 2011

Gator chomp.

Even then I always knew how much I love that white and blue. Gamma Iota chapter house.

University of Florida
Gainesville, Fla.
Gamma Iota chapter

Today, I emailed my boss that there were "major operational problems" (Yeah, no. Not at all.) in Florida and that it looks like it's best for me to stay shipped here until April.

Verbatim email back from The Boss:
"Uhh... I'm gonna go with a 'no.' Sorry, Charlie. Nice effort though."

Porch swing sitting between meetings, Spanish moss on a live oak is my jam.

Sigh. I just can't help it! I'm finally rid--well, for 4 days--of pesky peacoats and scarves and gloves and tights anad Under Armour. Today? Sundress and sandals. Get at me. I was born under a Southern sun for good reason: Throw me my Lilly bathing suit and gimme a little tanning oil and I'm set for a good six hours. Really. I love outside. I even started popping Vitamin D pills with this job because I am severely worried that I'm not outdoors enough...

Obviously then, I'm all about UF. The part of me that had a dorm, tons of Noles paraphernalia, and everything set for freshman year at Florida State University (reeeeal long story) still sees a mossy live oak next to a palmetto tree next to an old gothic style building and absolutely swoons. I'm having excellent running adventures through campus this week.
Precious basket (note the koozie--chyessss), the random love offering of roses.

I lug my 124 lbs. of luggage into my room to find an adorable welcome basket, and they promptly got a vase for my roses. Wait, roses, you ask? Sigh again. Weird things happen to me at airports. I met some guy in terminal D at Hartsfield-Jackson International and by the time we were at baggage claim in Gainesville, he'd run up to me and given me a dozen roses. Baha. And I don't even know his name... Thanks, dude!

So yeah. More to come, but for now suffice it to say:
I love the Southeast and don't ever wanna leave.
They speaka my native language down hurr.

p.s. Oh, and the Tebow girls (Tim's mama and sis) were ADPi's here. No worries--I'm stalking the composites in the hall tomorrow. I shall report back.

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this post!!!! My daughter is an ADPi!!!....therefore, I love this post....not..........I love it for alot of reasons.....ADPi is just the beginning!! so glad to find your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU would receive red roses from a random airport dude!!!!!!! love it.

    now how can you ever send him a thank you note?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha LOVE the thank you note comment ^^

    Florida looks amazing.. yesterday it hit 45 here in Boston, and I wore a Lilly skirt.
    To say that I am jealous of your latitude right now is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, as a tallahasseean who spent my college years in montgomery, i've got to say: nothing beats this springtime weather. here's to vitamin d!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...